**This is not a full-stack developer position; some development will be needed, but it will mostly involve installation, configuration, and responding to client requests.
As a member of CollegeSource, Inc. (CSI), a successful Jr. Java Programmer Analyst will provide technical training, guidance, and support to new and current clients who are implementing, integrating, and customizing CSI products.
Essential functions are the basic job duties that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation. In determining essential functions, the company has considered the time needed to perform a particular duty and the consequences of failing to require an employee to perform a particular duty.
- Work with project manager and client lead to interpret feature requests and implement solutions.
- Analyze, code, test, and document product installation on client environment and AWS Cloud.
- Prepare technical documentation for staff and customer use.
- Provide installation and configuration support of CSI products.
- Write interfaces for CSI products.
- Provide web-based support for specific client issues through the Issue Tracker tool.
- Collaborate with other CSI teams, including product development and sales.
- Amazon Web Services on-call support during assigned hours.
- Provide and complete special projects of varying degrees of complexity as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies/traits required to perform the job
- Must be able to be seated, on the phone and work on a computer 90% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and professionally with product developers, functional experts and customers
- Demonstrated success at self-management of multiple activities
- Some travel required (up to 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, BS in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, MIS, or similar degree preferred
- 3-6 years of experience writing production-quality software in a professional environment
- Understanding of object-oriented programming techniques
- 3+ years’ experience with relational database usage and SQL (Oracle/MSSQL/Aurora)
- 3+ years’ experience with Java programming and Spring Java Framework
- 3+ years’ experience with JDBC, Servlet, HTML, CSS & XML
- 3+ years’ experience with Tomcat
- 1+ years’ experience with Amazon Web Services environment
- Exposure to building and interacting with REST web services
CollegeSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedules, a casual work environment, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term and Short Term Disability, and an exciting culture with employees who love to work with Higher Education.
About CollegeSource, Inc.
CollegeSource, Inc. is a growing technology company that creates solutions for higher education with roots going back to 1971. More than 2,000 colleges and universities and millions of users worldwide utilize CollegeSource products for degree audit, degree planning, and transfer articulation.
We are a small, family-oriented company that strives to foster an environment of integrity, trust, confidence, and long-term relationships while also inspiring individual excellence and development.
We offer exceptional benefits and incentives that include:
- Competitive salaries, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability
- Flexible schedules to help employees balance work and life responsibilities
- A casual work environment that welcomes jeans and tennis shoes
- Developmental opportunities to expand your knowledge base
Visit our website to learn more about us: collegesource.com