As a member of CollegeSource, Inc. (CSI), a successful Senior Java Software Developer will design, maintain, test, and implement CollegeSource applications as well as provide technical support to CollegeSource clients. This position may also oversee less experienced software developer(s).
Essential functions are the basic job duties that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation. In determining essential functions, the company has considered the time needed to perform a particular duty and the consequences of failing to require an employee to perform a particular duty.
- Work with user experience lead and subject matter experts to interpret feature requests and implement solutions.
- Develop new product features, enhancements of existing features, and bug fixes for established web applications.
- Develop and enhance product installation, configuration, and customization procedures.
- Analyze, code, test, and document new product features and enhancements.
- Work with clients to provide tier 3 technical support and fix issues.
- Prepare technical documentation for staff and customer use,
- Provide installation and configuration support of CSI products.
- Keep current on knowledge of current trends and issues within information technology.
- Communicate plans for future releases with the development and management teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies/traits required to perform the job
- Must be able to be seated, on the phone and work on a computer 90% of the time
- Superior communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with product developers, designers, functional experts, and customers
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Some pre-arranged travel might be necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar major and/or related experience
- 5+ years’ experience writing production quality software in a professional environment
- Must have knowledge of CollegeSource products and/or services
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java programming and various Java Frameworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented programming techniques
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical documentation
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Relational Database Management Systems (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server).
- Proficiency with SQL, JDBC, Hibernate (HQL) and related programming tools
- Proficiency with Front-end tools such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Apache FreeMarker, Handlebars JS
- Programming with Spring framework and MVC architecture
- Eclipse, JUnit, Maven/Ivy, Ant, Git/Version Control, and related tools
- Experience using Linux and shell scripting
- Various web application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle OAS)
- Experience using the AWS Console for RDS, EC2, S3, etc.
CollegeSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedules, a casual work environment, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term and Short Term Disability, and an exciting culture with employees who love to work with Higher Education.
About CollegeSource, Inc.
CollegeSource, Inc. is a growing technology company that creates solutions for higher education with roots going back to 1971. More than 2,000 colleges and universities and millions of users worldwide utilize CollegeSource products for degree audit, degree planning, and transfer articulation.
We are a small, family-oriented company that strives to foster an environment of integrity, trust, confidence, and long-term relationships while also inspiring individual excellence and development.
We offer exceptional benefits and incentives that include:
- Competitive salaries, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability
- Flexible schedules to help employees balance work and life responsibilities
- A casual work environment that welcomes jeans and tennis shoes
- Developmental opportunities to expand your knowledge base
Visit our website to learn more about us: collegesource.com