As a member of CollegeSource, Inc., a successful Transfer Solutions Specialist plays a critical role in the happiness and retention of our growing client base. As Transfer Solutions Specialist, you will represent the company’s transfer software (currently Transferology and TES) to the public.
You will: travel extensively; attend and conduct demonstrations of our products at tradeshows; build relationships with clients; answer routine customer and student questions; and work across various teams to help market, sell, and improve the product, contributing to our growth and overall success.
Essential functions are the basic job duties that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation. In determining essential functions, consider the time needed to perform a particular duty and the consequences of failing to require an employee to perform a particular duty.
- Conduct customized in-person and virtual product demonstrations and co-presentations with clients based on the audience. Reach out to clients to solicit presentations as-needed.
- Function as primary contact for tradeshows, ensuring booth materials have arrived, coordinating staff for setup, handling shipping returns, etc.
- Create, schedule, and conduct monthly product introduction (sales) and training webinars.
- Conduct training sessions and share product updates and relevant information for large states/systems.
- Support the Sales team by conducting prospective client sales presentations, including prior research for custom presentations and assistance with scheduling.
- Work with Transferology Product Development team to determine topics for Annual Conference presentations. Create and conduct multiple presentations.
- Maintain and create training videos, review/proof documentation, update FAQs, etc.
- Manage and resolve incoming client issues and questions daily via email, Help Scout, or internal case management system.
- Onboard Transferology clients by conducting initial setup of school accounts, following up to ensure equivalency data is received and client is ready to go live, offering training, etc.
- Schedule, create, and conduct training webinars for existing clients or meetings to answer questions.
- Work in conjunction with the Account Manager for any needed follow-up.
- Attend Monthly Transferology Management Meetings and Yearly Transferology Vision Meetings.
- Attend Bi-weekly Success Team Meetings and All Staff Meetings as scheduled.
- Assist in securing client assets (catalogs, transcript keys, equivalency data, etc.) as needed.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
Competencies/traits required to perform the job
- Extensive travel required (50% – 75%), including reporting to the Cincinnati and/or San Diego offices as requested.
- Knowledge and experience working with business tools such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Teams, PPT), Salesforce CRM, and other modern systems.
- Self-starter and able to work unsupervised.
- Exhibits strong presentational skills in groups or one-on-one situations. Speaks clearly, positively, and persuasively, even in difficult situations. Organizes and delivers complex information coherently. Listens attentively and effectively to others. Responds well and directly to questions.
- Responds promptly to customer requests for service and assistance. Explains things to customers clearly and effectively. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Maintains a positive attitude when traveling. Promptly arrives at exhibit area and is present and presentable at conferences/trade shows.
- Competent at managing and defusing difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests. Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet the needs of the audience. Presents numerical data effectively.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- 5 years minimum experience in higher education required.
- 5 years minimum experience with Transferology and/or TES required.
- 3+ years of professional writing and presenting.
- Demonstrated success at self-managing with a minimum of supervision.
- Evident computer skills and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Compensation for this position includes a Base Salary with an opportunity for Bonuses.
CollegeSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedules, a casual work environment, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, and an exciting culture with employees who love to work with Higher Education.
About CollegeSource, Inc.
CollegeSource, Inc. is a growing technology company that creates solutions for higher education with roots going back to 1971. More than 2,000 colleges and universities and millions of users worldwide utilize CollegeSource products for degree audit, degree planning, and transfer articulation.
We are a small, family-oriented company that strives to foster an environment of integrity, trust, confidence, and long-term relationships while also inspiring individual excellence and development.
We offer exceptional benefits and incentives that include:
- Competitive salaries, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability
- Flexible schedules to help employees balance work and life responsibilities
- A casual work environment that welcomes jeans and tennis shoes
- Developmental opportunities to expand your knowledge base