We are looking for a Relationship Manager to join our team and help us grow our client base, build a community with our partner schools, and maintain relationships beyond the sales cycle and implementation. As uAchieve Relationship Manager, you will be a primary point of contact for our existing and potential partner schools, communicating via phone, email, conferences, and face-to-face meetings. You will identify partner school needs and preferences; collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to create and implement strategies that will increase customer satisfaction and loyalty; handle complaints and feedback; and seek out new opportunities for business growth.
To be successful as a Relationship Manager, you should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills adopting to the audience you’re communicating with, a natural curiosity, good sense of humor, as well as a customer-oriented mindset. You should also have a good knowledge of our products and services and be able to present them in a persuasive and professional manner. Furthermore, you should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Essential functions are the basic job duties that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation. In determining essential functions, consider the time needed to perform a particular duty and the consequences of failing to require an employee to perform a particular duty.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with our existing partner institutions who utilize uAchieve;
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and generate leads;
- Educate and inform existing and prospective partner schools about our products, services, and special offers, providing personalized advice that meets their needs and goals;
- Handle scheduling of technical and functional product demonstrations, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and managing the lead-in & introductions of such conversations;
- Maintain accurate and updated records in the customer relationship management system (Salesforce), updating SIS changes, primary contact changes, and keeping notes on utilization of our products;
- Assist with contract management/negotiation and closing activities, including, routing agreements for signature, logging activity in the CRM, transitioning accounts from Sales to Services team, and periodic check-in with the project sponsor;
- Pre/post webinar outreach to gauge interest, nurture sales opportunity, move to next steps;
- Pre/post conference outreach to gauge interest, engage discussion with existing partner schools, encourage booth and/or presentation attendance;
- Pre/post event outreach for our annual training conference, encouraging attendance, coordinating/scheduling onsite meetings, and being available to meet with partner schools;
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys and collect feedback;
- Work with internal departments to ensure that the company meets the expectations and requirements of the clients;
- Monitor and report on partner schools’ adoption of uAchieve after the initial implementation, and ongoing satisfaction with the solution;
- Work with marketing to review and develop materials used for various sales activities;
Competencies/traits required to perform the job
- Willingness to travel to tradeshows and conduct campus visits (25%), including reporting to the Cincinnati and/or San Diego offices as requested.
- Maintains a positive attitude when traveling. Arrives on time, is present and focused, and maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Knowledge and experience working with business tools such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Teams, PPT), Salesforce CRM, and other modern systems.
- Self-starter and able to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with partner schools.
- Exhibits strong presentational skills in groups or one-on-one situations. Speaks clearly, understands audience, and directs it to them accordingly, even in difficult situations. Organizes and delivers complex information coherently. Listens attentively and effectively to others. Responds well and directly to questions.
- Responds promptly to customer requests for service and assistance. Explains things to customers clearly and effectively. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Competent at managing and defusing difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team, and company, above own interests. Recognizes accomplishments of others.
- Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs of the audience. Presents numerical data effectively.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation and/or audience interacting with.
- 5 years minimum experience in higher education required.
- 5 years minimum experience with uAchieve or another degree audit.
- Demonstrated success at self-managing with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective soft skills are essential.
Compensation for this position includes a Base Salary with an opportunity for Bonuses.
CollegeSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedules, a casual work environment, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term and Short-Term Disability, and an exciting culture with employees who love to work with Higher Education.
About CollegeSource, Inc.
CollegeSource, Inc. is a growing technology company that creates solutions for higher education with roots going back to 1971. More than 2,000 colleges and universities and millions of users worldwide utilize CollegeSource products for degree audit, degree planning, and transfer articulation.
We are a small, family-oriented company that strives to foster an environment of integrity, trust, confidence, and long-term relationships while also inspiring individual excellence and development.
We offer exceptional benefits and incentives that include:
- Competitive salaries, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability
- Flexible schedules to help employees balance work and life responsibilities
- A casual work environment that welcomes jeans and tennis shoes
- Developmental opportunities to expand your knowledge base