On September 29th we will be rolling out TES 4.0. If you’ve logged into TES recently you may have already seen the notice inviting you to preview the new website at tesdev.collegesource.com. Please note that using the beta site will impact your live data. But feel free to poke around to get comfortable before the switchover!
TES is a great product; at least that’s what you tell us! For this reason, we have done our best with the 4.0 re-write to keep navigation as consistent as possible with the interface that you already know and love. The modern platform of tools used to create TES 4.0, however, comes with a number of immediate benefits (highlighted below) and sets the stage for more quickly and easily adding enhancements in the future!
Highlights of the TES 4.0 release include:
- Sortable and Paginated Grids
- Multi-Edition EQs and Evaluation Tasks
- Mobile-friendly, updated user interface
- Simplified navigation with modal data entry popups
Register for one of these webinars to learn about updates and enhancements prior to the release.
TES® 4.0: Our newest release of the popular Transfer Evaluation System by CollegeSource
Monday, September 25 — 1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT → Register
Tuesday, September 26 — 1:00pm – 2:00pm EDT → Register
Wednesday, September 27 — 3:00pm – 4:00pm EDT → Register
Thursday, September 28 — 11:00am – 12:00pm EDT → Register
Last month we told you about our ongoing support transformation, including changes to webinar and certification offerings. So we’re excited to share a brand-new training session we’re calling Office Hours. Each week we will hold an open session where you can bring your own questions. Stop in to discuss any TES-related topics or questions, and we’ll answer what we can in the session. This more customized and focused training will be limited to the 1-hour time slot, and questions answered on a first come, first served basis. You are also welcome to just listen in to what others are asking.
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
- The TES Administrator Role – user management, usage statistics, evaluation workflow defaults, Public View management, course tags and outlines, etc.
- Equivalency Manager – creating, editing, storing, grouping, retrieving, and sharing college-to-college transfer credit equivalencies.
- The Equivalency Batch Editor – searching for equivalencies, batch editing, using the Health Check Reports to ease maintenance.
- The Evaluation Tracker Workflow – creating, completing, and re-assigning evaluations, monitoring and auditing.
- Reports – course list report, course change explorer, equivalency explorer, etc.
- User-Added Courses – custom courses added by users for creating catch-all equivalencies: elective credit, non-transferable courses, remedial work, etc.
- Groups and Group Reports – create transfer guides, transfer-related requirements, and other documents for your staff or Public View.
- Import/Export – file layout for imports, export options and parameters.
- The Public View – publish your equivalencies for prospective transfer students, configure your Public View page.
Office Hours begin October 3 and are open for registration now. When you register, let us know what questions you have so that we can hit the ground running!
TES Basic Certification
Another exciting announcement is the launch of TES Basic Certification. This is an intensive online workshop held over two half-days, with hands-on instruction and exercises to complete. Those who complete the course will be awarded official TES Basic certification status. The courses will be offered once each month, to start, and space is limited to 15 people. The first TES Certification course will be held in late October, so be on the lookout for registration information to be posted on TES and in the next monthly newsletter.
With so many exciting changes on the way, it’s especially important that we hear from you. Whether you’re utilizing our support website, training webinars or working through the certification courses, please make sure to let us know about you’re experience.